North America / United States / IL / Chicago /
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 743999736276876 / REF2265O
Sr. Associate Tax Reporting
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Sr. Associate Tax Reporting will report to the Director of US & Global Consolidation and will be responsible for managing activities related to the tax accounting, internal and external reporting requirement, and be the primary contact for the financial reporting compliance processes within various international jurisdictions including countries within Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
- Tax Accounting, Forecasting, and Compliance
- Work with finance controllers within the countries to manage and review their preparation of interim and annual income tax provisions for the various legal entities
- Work with finance controllers to forecast annual cash income tax payments
- Participate with tax planning professionals on acquisitions and business development projects to provide tax accounting expertise, ensure the appropriate current and deferred tax implications are properly reported in the financial statements, and tax forecasts accurately reflect new acquisitions
- Prepare and/or review ASC 740-10 (“FIN 48”) documentation as appropriate.
- Timely, accurate, and robust tax provision calculations during the quarterly and annual tax accounting process
- Identification of tax accounting process improvements
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional groups in the accounting, treasury, and finance groups throughout the Region.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
With your ability to work in a fast-paced environment, you have the opportunity to improve our internal tax processes. Your approach to tax processes and regulations and how Nielsen currently executes will provide the organization opportunities to streamline and improve various activities, ensuring the organization is compliant in a rapidly changing environment.
- Minimum 4 overall years of experience with a strong emphasis on tax accounting issues for multinational; Big 4 experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance required; graduate tax degree or CPA preferred
- Experience with international tax accounting issues required
- Solid background in US GAAP and IFRS knowledge a plus
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to interface with multiple groups inside tax as well as across functional groups outside the tax function required.